- small meals- high in protein and fiber every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. this increases your metabolism because protein is slower to digest, and even though your body cannot digest fiber, it still burns calories out of effort to. vegetables and whole wheat products are very high in fiber, so opt to try and eat them more often. eating this way keeps your metabolism high as opposed to 3 meals a day. your body will slow its metabolic rate if meals are further apart to make those meals last longer.
- keep hydrated- water helps transport nutrients to every part of the body when needed. even mild dehydration can lead to fatigue and even headaches. it will help you feel full as well.
- high intensity interval training-HIIT for short. short bursts of cardio or lifting with short rest periods. rest periods should be from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.
- EPOC-also known as after burn. excess post-exercise oxygen consumption is the amount of calories your body uses to try and return itself to a rest state prior to work outs. this is mainly evident after HIIT, because the short rest periods make your body work harder to try and recover since they didn’t have much time to during the exercises.
- increase your muscle mass- having an extra lb. of muscle increases the calories burnt for your body just to sustain itself. 1 lb. of increased muscle mass is roughly 40 extra calories burnt in a day. 5 lbs. of lean muscle mass could mean up to 200 more calories burnt in a day. a good way to increase muscle mass is to make sure you do not neglect the muscles in your lower body. your legs are the larger muscles in your body. they help increase how much you can lift with your upper body, and when you work them out, they release a growth hormone that can make your other muscles become larger as well.
- make sure you get a full nights sleep- when you sleep, a growth hormone is released so that your muscles can recover. also, if you think about it, sleeping is automatically 8 to 10 hours of fasting. your body can resort to finding other sources of energy including your fat reserves.
- OPTIONAL- one of the worst ways to keep your metabolism high is smoking. it lowers your insulin levels which reduces sugary food cravings. your metabolism increases by 10 % shortly after smoking. nicotine is also an appetite suppressant. i do not advise picking up smoking solely for weight loss, but seeing as how i already smoke, i can’t quit yet.
i’ve actually been practicing this to increase my metabolism, and as a result i gained 5lbs in muscle and lost 15 lbs thus far. i still plan on doing more. this is my small step to actually being progressive in life. being a bum is hella whack. i get so envious seeing my peers around me in universities about to graduate, while i lost complete track of where i was going. so once this is complete, i WILL make my steps to moving forward. however, i put this up here for anyone who is trying to adhere to their resolutions. fulfilling goals is such a great feeling, and i want other people to feel this way as well.
i want to be the reason you smile.
hahahahahahahaha. you might not feel as happy as i do about this, but i’m just glad i got to speak with you. only awkward part was the departure.
real talk, i’m listening to LIL B while i’m typing this shit, with grindtime and king of the dot battles in my other tabs. PLUS, i’m about to search for some digimon shit to watch. DO NOT GET IT TWISTED. SAD AIN’T ME, SON
i don’t catch feelings often or easily. i just get too bored. i guess if i make effort to go for something and achieve it too fast, it makes me question as to whether it was worth it in the first place. i kind of see me having feelings as a weakness. no hate towards people who are in a relationship though, more power to you. i just feel like i don’t need to find qualities in another person to fulfill me. maybe it’s because i’ve been single, but i truly enjoy being self-sufficient. don’t get me wrong though, friends are the biggest part of my life. i’m referring to the a significant other. if i ever do catch feelings, i’ll probably attempt to dispose of them as soon as possible, especially if it’s in the wrong place to explore.
i actually take the time to post a truthful, meaningful post, then you freeze on me. fucking asshole
but i’m always blunt
but i ain’t sap doe! hahahah
i like a person who i don’t even talk to that much, but i look forward to each opportunity we converse, cherishing it . i’m not supposed to like this girl because she is taken. i will always respect that boundary. the only way i know how to deal with this scenario is to cut off talking with her. nothing can grow without communication, in regards to my own emotions. even though i don’t believe the feelings i have will reciprocate. this will be my decision, and i will be okay with it.
because if i see myself become the type of person i disdain, i will despise myself completely. i refuse to have any type of ill feelings towards myself. fuck that noise.
it’s like they’re considering my old dreams as actual memories.